love it! you just dive and try to find a way to reach them under realistic time pressure! Hold your breath for a trully immersive experience!
Game A Week: Week 1
Theme: 10 Seconds
How To Play:
- Try to collect all 10 pearls
- While diving you can only move 3 spaces at a time
- While on the surface you can only move two spaces at a time
- Moving from the surface to diving will always move you one space.
WASD or Arrow Keys to Move
- It is extremely possible to soft lock the game (reload browser :(
- Kelp floats around slows you down whenever you pass through it
- Certain Pearls must be collected before others
Art/programming/etc. by me
I don't think I really pinned down what I wanted this game to be until the very end.
I like the concept of the kelp/sea grass but I couldn't think of very many novel ways to use it. The intended solution of the (probably 2nd) pearl uses the sea grass, but there are certainly other ways to access it. I like the idea of one large map with multiple mini puzzles, but it can trivialize the puzzles because they rely on being in (or out of) a certain phase., and the size of the map makes it difficult for me to guarantee the players phase at any given point.
I like how the graphics came out, I like how it feels to explore. I included an infinite air mode so that people can enjoy it that way if they choose.