Dispatch a last mile delivery company! See how much money you can make in a working week!
Submission for Eggplant Community Game Jam #2 - "Good Times with Bad Robots"
Full screen highly recommended.
WASD to move camera
Mouse Wheel to zoom camera.
HOW TO PLAY:
- The game consists of 5 days, each day covers standard working hours (9:00 - 17:00)
- Spend money between days to upgrade or hire couriers.
Pause Button (top left)
- Pause or un-pause the game at any time.
- The day starts paused
- Jobs can still be dispatched while the game is paused.
Job Board (right side)
- New jobs will periodically appear in the "New Tab"
- Use the Assign drop-list to assign it to a courier, or back to the new board
- Jobs in the courier board will be split into parts, a "PICK" (up), and a "DROP
- The arrow button on each job can be used to move the job up, down, or to the top, or bottom
- Jobs assigned to a Courier will be performed in the sequence that they appear in the list (top is first)
- Hover over any job to see where it appears in the world.
Courier Panel (bottom left)
- Use the drop list to select different couriers
- This panel displays current and total carrying capacity for each courier, as well as their status, and stats.
- Use the "LOCATE" button to ping your couriers location - the highlighted region will get more specific over time.
- There is no penalty for Incomplete jobs. Late jobs pay out the least.
- It is often worth burning a job to be more productive elsewhere
- Take your time! Its not always worth going out of your way for an "ALL DAY" job, wait until you can form a good route.
- Speed -movement speed in the world
- Capacity - total carrying capacity, exceeding your weight limit will dramatically reduce speed
- Comms - accuracy of location reporting
- Wisdom - general city and building navigation. Higher wisdom means less time spent in buildings, and lower chance of getting lost.
- All Day - $15
- Standard - $30
- Express - $60
- Priority Rush - $120
- Weight - $2/lbs
- Late - $5
- Incomplete $0
The canonical gameplay is to not know the exact location of couriers, but you can press "P" at any time to see them if you would like.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.